The increasing availability of the internet has led to the creation of some very interesting jobs, especially those that are considered as modern-day modifications of traditional jobs and sectors. One of these is dropshipping, which is increasingly becoming a lucrative gig in the eCommerce environment – and everyone involved in it is singing its praises. All they tell you to do is to just have an online store like Shopify or Woocommerce, set up products that are highly profitable, and the rest will follow.
However, it is not as straightforward as that, and there are numerous considerations you need to make before setting up your store in the first place. When you check out most of the success stories though, you will notice that they all seem to have something in common: the use of Shopify as their main platform that their store uses to operate.
When you take a closer look at Shopify, it is easy to see why: they are experts in the Canadian and US eCommerce industries in particular, and they have a sleek and user friendly design.
Thanks to it being a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform, it will manage all the technical aspects of operating your store on your behalf, including the design of your site, adding products, updating product prices, taking care of the dropshipping process, and so on.
That also means that you outsource the entire process of product shipping to suppliers, instead of handling physical stock yourself and doing all the shipping work. In the event that a customer places an order from your shop, your job will be to place an identical order with your supplier, then they will ship it to your customer directly – that frees you up from the burden of investing a lot of money in capital.
The placing of orders can be accomplished manually, but in many cases it is possible to do so automatically – and this is where Shopify apps come in. these apps will connect your store to one or more marketplaces where the suppliers are, which allows your site to have instant updates of stock, their availability, and easier fulfillment of orders. Importify is one of these apps, and we will cover why it is a good consideration to have.
What is Importify About?
This is a Shopify and Woocommerce app that enables you to connect the most popular marketplaces with your Shopify or Woocommerce site. There are a variety of marketplaces it can connect to, and these include Etsy, Amazon, DHGate, Walmart and AliExpress.
In order for you to import products to your store, you will need the Chrome extension. This will also allow you to customize the information about the product, such as images, descriptions, and available variants.
Different pricing levels will give you different benefits. For instance, the Gold plan will give you semi-automatic fulfillment for AliExpress, Amazon, and DHGate.
Some of the features include:
- Easier 1-click product importing
- Customization of products
- ePacket product filters
- Automatic updates of products
- Easier setup of variant
- Easier branding ability
- Connection of existing products
- Allowing of shipment tracking
- Automatic fulfilment of orders
- A USA Products database (for all products on AliExpress)
- Easier customer updates
- Unlimited number of sub-users
- Managing all your stores on one platform
- Updates of product availability
- Changing of product suppliers
- Automatic updates of price changes
- Expansion of product offerings
The last thing you probably want is a customer heading to your shop and being confused on how to navigate because everything is all over the place. With Importify, you do not need to worry about it though.
The user interface is beautiful and assists both you and the customer to complete a wide variety of tasks, such as the easy access you have to sales information and product inventories. If you want to edit the information of a product in Shopify, you can do so in just one click from there, rather than on the Importify dashboard.
In addition, you can utilize Shopify, which will allow you to add sales channels such as Amazon – making it easier to manage orders on both websites.
Keep in mind that the pricing will require you to keep your monthly subscription fee in mind, which is a feature of all their seller accounts.
There are three plans available here, each with a one-day free trial. They are:
- Basic plan – this goes for a monthly fee of $14.95. It allows you to import an unlimited number of products from Alibaba, DHGate, Wish, Etsy, Walmart, Gearbest, Taobao, TMart, TMall, and so on. Other features include pricing automation and customization, importer, 24/7 customer service, and a free Chrome extension.
- Premium plan – goes for a monthly fee of $27.95. You will have the benefits of the basic plan, as well as unlimited imports of products from Amazon and AliExpress.
- Gold plan – comes with a monthly fee of $37.95. You will get the benefits of the premium plan, as well as semi-automated fulfillment of orders from Wonify, Amazon, AliExpress and DHGate.
The customer support is impressive really – in fact, it is among the best aspects of this site. They will also give you an opportunity to select your preference of different marketplaces and suppliers. If your shop is dealing with fairly specific or niche products that are difficult to find in one place, this will be a useful feature.
The only disadvantage with this is that you must have either a Gold or Premium plan in order to access Amazon or AliExpress.
- Helps you to automate your dropshipping procedures and business by more than half
- Good customer support
- One of the best apps for Shopify-based stores
- User friendly interface
- There are challenges with handling products and shops from Amazon
- The free trial is very short
There are numerous concerns that come with Importify, such as the fact that you have to pay up more to gain access to Amazon and AliExpress, and the Gold plan is the only one that has semi-automatic fulfillment. However, it is still good enough thanks to the good customer service and the commitment to reducing shipping times compared to other options.
Short on cash? If you want cheaper alternative for your dropshipping venture, you can always go to the WordPress – Woocommerce dropshipping route, where you will build your store on the Woocommerce platform then just install a dropshipping plugin like Alidropship to help you setup your store in no time.